Monday, January 14, 2013

Friendsgiving

Oh, the Friendsgiving tradition. I asked my Mama this year, "do you know how the Friendsgiving tradition started?" She didn't know, so I enlightened her on the story.

Once upon a time, there were parents of the Freeman's, Corbett's, and Forestell's that decided to abandon their kids for Thanksgiving. One set went up North to a land of Nisswa while the other was off on an adventure across the Pacific. What were their children to do? How could a great feast be made on this day without them? Why, they decided to band together! Favorite foods from all the families were combined into a great feast. Such fun was had that the tradition has continued to this day.




I wish I would have gotten more pictures this year but I couldn't find the camera. Apparently, I left it outside and if you recall this was the day that started out super nice and then winter arrived. I'm just thankful it still works! (the last one had fog on the lens...but I still think it's cute)

No comments: