Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Carl's Mom had to work, so we (Nana, Bapa, GGs and us) piled into two cars and made our way down to Edina to get a cup of coffee from Caribou. It was so much fun to surprise her, and I know it made her day! PS - had to throw the car pictures in there too. Calah was her smiley self and Lilija was still vetoing a smiling picture. Oh...and what was grandpa's comment after having an espresso?? "I don't know what I just drank,but it hit the bottom like a rubber ball and it's still bouncing." Goodness, I love my family!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
I went out to Boston the first week in May for work. It was hard to be away from the family...strange that it was almost harder to be gone for that trip than it was for the three week stint to NC back in October of 2009. Wow. That a long time ago! Goodness. Back to Boston...my hotel was amazing. And when I say amazing, I mean rock-star-status. The bellman were in full garb, carried my luggage up to my room, and even gave me a little tour of the room. And yes, it was big enough to need a tour! Chanel, the store, was in the hotel, along with a gift shop that sold fur coats. A-ma-zing! Plus, my travel buddy, Amber was fabulous! She is on my same team, but works out of Des Moines so it was really fun to meet her for the first time. Definitely kindred spirits!At night when you would come back to the hotel, the sheets would be turned down, pillows fluffed, a rug with slippers at the foot of the bed, water on your nightstand, a tray with chocolate, a quote, and what the weather was going to be the following day. Rock-star.A bath menu? Have you ever heard of such a thing? You could have someone come draw you a bath of your choice (there were three to choose from), and nope I did not spend the extra money to do that. Plus, kind of cool - kind of creepy.Amber's and I were supposed to get to Boston at the same time, but she had a travel nightmare so I ventured out to the Boston Commons by myself. It was a beautiful day and so much fun to see the flowers and to people watch. This statue is HUGE!She finally made it to Boston. After a VERY long day of traveling we went to a restaurant where she was able to eat some fresh seafood. I, on the other hand, had a Stella. Since starting the HCG diet in the beginning of March I've been basically carb free, so this was the perfect treat to end my day. Amber and I in the Boston Commons the following day.Historical fact - Boston Commons is the oldest city park in the United States. Our hotelIs is my turn to go home yet?
I'm sorry. Yep, I've been slacking. Life with a 3 year old, 1 year old, hubby working nights, and all of the other life stuff has been taking priority...as it should. So now that the girls are in bed, the house is mostly picked up, breakfast and lunch are made for tomorrow, and laundry is put away, I have a few moments to do as much updating as I can.
Here's a quick Corbett Family Recap
Here's a quick Corbett Family Recap
- April 14th I was rear-ended on my way home from work. Car is remarkably ok seeing as it went up against a vehicle 4 times its size, but I hurt my neck and back. Thank goodness for the chiropractor! I just started PT (Physical Therapy) last week and I can tell that it's already helping; however, I also learned that I can't clean my floors on my hand and knees.
- April 20th Lilija turned 3 years old! She's working on getting the potty training thing down. Some days are better than others but she's made huge strides in the last couple of weeks. Whew! She loves playing on the computer which she calls paqter (Pah-Q-ter). Other funny word that she mispronounces is pool which she calls the poodle. Needless to say we received some interesting looks at Target when she said that she wanted to play in the poodle.
- May 15th Calah turned 1! WOW! She is such a character. She is loud, wants to play with everything that she shouldn't be playing with (TV remotes, opening drawers which have child locks on them, the garbage, and turning off the computer). She is starting to talk and loves to pretend that she's talking on the phone. I thought that Lilija was going to be my loud one, but Calah is going to give her a run for the money!
- Memorial Day Weekend we went up to Grand Marais to spend some time with Nana and Bapa at their cabin. I wish the weather would have been better but we still had a ton of fun!
- The following week...we had a garage sale. It was huge, the weather cooperated, and I had awesome help from the group every day. It was a lot of work, but it is so nice to have a clean garage, stuff out of the house, and people paid me for it. SCORE!
- July 1st??? Carl is still enjoying his job and is really great at it. We're hoping that the state can figure out their budget issues and that he won't be laid off July 1st along with all the other state employees. My thought is this, throw in a couple of mom's that are coupon pros, manage to feed a family of 6 on barely existent income, and they'll tell you how to balance the budget!