Monday, November 15, 2010

Round 1: Calah

So here is the story. Yes, Calah put me in urgent care over the weekend. And yes, you read that right. Calah put ME in urgent care.

The girls and were having a great time Saturday morning. I had just told Lilija that we could go play in the snow later on that morning. I was holding Calah on my hip when POW, she swung around and her thumb made direct contact with my left eye.

At first I thought that it was just a finger to the eye, but then the pain hit and I realized I was in serious trouble. First call was to my Mama, and second call was to my Mom (Carl's Mama, Sherri) and Robert. They both were on the way in moments.

Mom and Robert watched the girls while Mama took me to urgent care. Diagnosis: severe corneal abrasion that damaged about 25% of my eye. What a blessing that I had cut her nails the night before, or it could have been a lot worse!

Thank you to Carl, Mama, Sherri, and Robert for taking such good care of me. I also got some sweet hugs and cuddle time from Calah and Lilija. Oh, and Lilija thought I was a pirate so she was walking around saying, "RRRR, Matey!" but then she would come over to me, put her head on my lap, and say, "You all better now, Mama?" Yes, sweetie, I'm all better now.

2 comments:

Katie said...

What I heart about this is that your eye patch holding bandanna matches your suit. You've even got it together in Urgent Care!

Anonymous said...

Oh my....you were lookin' rough!! I love that the girls are cuddling with you though!