Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Boston

I went out to Boston the first week in May for work. It was hard to be away from the family...strange that it was almost harder to be gone for that trip than it was for the three week stint to NC back in October of 2009. Wow. That a long time ago! Goodness. Back to Boston...my hotel was amazing. And when I say amazing, I mean rock-star-status. The bellman were in full garb, carried my luggage up to my room, and even gave me a little tour of the room. And yes, it was big enough to need a tour! Chanel, the store, was in the hotel, along with a gift shop that sold fur coats. A-ma-zing! Plus, my travel buddy, Amber was fabulous! She is on my same team, but works out of Des Moines so it was really fun to meet her for the first time. Definitely kindred spirits!At night when you would come back to the hotel, the sheets would be turned down, pillows fluffed, a rug with slippers at the foot of the bed, water on your nightstand, a tray with chocolate, a quote, and what the weather was going to be the following day. Rock-star.A bath menu? Have you ever heard of such a thing? You could have someone come draw you a bath of your choice (there were three to choose from), and nope I did not spend the extra money to do that. Plus, kind of cool - kind of creepy.Amber's and I were supposed to get to Boston at the same time, but she had a travel nightmare so I ventured out to the Boston Commons by myself. It was a beautiful day and so much fun to see the flowers and to people watch. This statue is HUGE!She finally made it to Boston. After a VERY long day of traveling we went to a restaurant where she was able to eat some fresh seafood. I, on the other hand, had a Stella. Since starting the HCG diet in the beginning of March I've been basically carb free, so this was the perfect treat to end my day. Amber and I in the Boston Commons the following day.Historical fact - Boston Commons is the oldest city park in the United States. Our hotelIs is my turn to go home yet?

No comments: