Tuesday, December 7, 2010

6 Months Old


The second child syndrome has started. I missed Calah's 6 month "posed" picture with her puppy and sign. Whoops. At least I got the professional ones done. Right? Right. Even thought I missed the official picture I can still loop you in with her 6 month accomplishments and highlights, so here's the scoop!
  • Can roll over front to back and back to front...and crawl backwards. (She's still working on getting herself going forwards and gets REALLY frustrated when she's getting further and further away from her nuk or toy of choice.)
  • Is FINALLY sleeping consistently through the night. Whew! She was doing that at about 8 weeks old and then our camping trip to Grand Marais threw the routine off. We've been trying to get her back on it ever since. Yippee!
  • Is eating solid foods. I don't know why I didn't make my own with Lilija, but that is one think that I'm doing with Calah. She loves sweet potatoes, peas, squash, and is not quite sure what to think about applesauce. This weekend I'm going to make peaches and pears for her to try. Yum!
  • If she drops something she realizes that it's gone...or if Mama and Daddy go into the other room she misses us. Very cute.
  • Calah is starting to babble, and I've heard the occasional "dada" or "baba" followed or proceeded by a lot of other random noises.
  • Likes to scream. Still calling her the Calahdactyl. It fits. Really.
She is such a happy, smiley, baby girl. I know I say that at every update (now I'm going to have to go back and check) but it's so true. She's just a joy to be around. *awe*

Love,
Carl "Chip", Kysa, Lilija, and Calah

No comments: