Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Piano!

I've been asking for a piano for a long time, but really started dropping hints about 6 months ago. Subtle little hints like sending home links to free piano's that I found on Craigslist. So, with a few days to go before my birthday I asked Carl if he knew what he was getting me. He said no. I thought, wow, my hints haven't been strong enough! The next day I found another piano for free, sent him the link with a subject line that said, "Me likey! Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. Hint. "And yes, I think "hint" was used 5 times. So, that night I again asked, do you know what you're getting me? And he said no. I think it was about this point that I may have allegedly said something about, "You haven't gotten the hints?!" and some other super sweet comments.

The night before my birthday we were eating dinner and Carl asked Lilija what the next day was and Lilija said, "tomorrow is Mama's birthday! We get to sing the Happy song! It goes a little something like this (insert Lilija singing Happy Birthday). Guess what Mama? We got you a brush, blowdryer, and a card!"

Now, I thought this was hilarious! This wasn't the first time that Lilija has t
old the other person what we were getting, and I had mentioned that a new blowdryer would be nice.

That night I told Carl that I was totally going to use that trick for Christmas and tell Lilija that we were getting Daddy socks! I didn't know that Carl was already one step ahead of me...well multiple steps ahead of me and had found a piano, hired a mover, and found someone to come out and tune the piano, and told Lil about a brush and blowdryer knowing that she would say something about that to throw me off the trail. Sneaky and incredibly awesome!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! Great job Carl!